Saturday, December 17, 2011

X-Mas events

I defeated Lady Rapture - I had to totally re-design the gold of her hair - but it works, and doesn't take long to render now.  The intent was to make it the same golden color as Psystar's, and since I like the new gold much more than the old I re-did Psystar's hair to match.  (Psystar was the first character I designed.)  I rendered sixteen pics of each and have those up on the website.

Now that Rapture is complete I've been working on the cover design for H.E.R.O. - Horde.  My inclination is always to throw in more and more characters on the cover to give the reader an idea of the characters within.  One of my editors and some friends thought it looked too cluttered, so I'm going with a simpler look on this one than on H.E.R.O. - Dark Research.  It does look pretty clean, though - I've got a tiny version of it on the Books page, and am waiting on a (hopefully) final render of Ladies Nocturne/Celeste/Rapture to complete to plug in.

Today is an X-Mas event for me.  Sadly, my girlfriend is stuck working all weekend, so I get to go alone to a massive extended family affair.  It should still be enjoyable, but would have been nice for her and the kids to be there.

One (rough) edit of H.E.R.O. - Horde is complete by an editor.  I'm still hoping to have it out by the end of the year.

I believe I have the core storylines for Book 6 ... H.E.R.O. - Paragon ... selected.  I'll probably begin actual work on it tomorrow.  (I don't really consider collecting notes and story ideas as part of the "work" for each novel.)

'Til next time.

--Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment