Monday, December 12, 2011

Goth & Metal

Someone clued me into Within Temptation - they are a Goth band.  Kind of a mix of celtic and metal music mixed together (and to a degree sound similar to Evanescence at times).  I like it - and kind of wish I'd heard about it before starting on H.E.R.O. - Horde, although it wouldn't have changed the novel, I suppose.  But hearing the music while writing the scenes at the Goth clubs would have been interesting at the least.

On another note, I sure wish there were an easy place to go to email new bands - heavy metal in particular at this time.  I could really use some band art (from either their t-shirts or CD cover) to put on the t-shirts of some of the Horde guys on my novel.  Sadly, I'd have to get the "legal OK" from them to use it on my work, and I suppose that would bog down using anything like that.  But it'd be cool to have.

'Til next time.

--Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment