Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas season is busy....

I've had quite a few gatherings to attend for family and friends in the last week, and more to come this weekend. The same sort of thing is hitting my editors, so Book 5 is likely to slip into January while we wait. On a good note about that - one of my editors said that Book 4 was my best novel, and that Book 5 is even better.

It's always my goal to create an entertaining, interesting, and at times exciting story for my readers. I won't always go with the idea of having a "tight" plotline in a novel, though. After all, these are superhero novels I'm writing - these people ought to be reacting to crimes, disasters and other events occurring in the city. Also, an ongoing novel series is more akin to a television series than to most books, or even most trilogies.

With the cover for H.E.R.O. - Horde finished, I shifted my attention to my notes for Book 6. On Tuesday I began writing the novel, so the gears have begun turning on it. There is a tiny convention in Green Bay, WI that I'm debating on hosting a booth at during March 30 - April 1, 2012. My hope is to get the book out in time to have paperbacks printed to bring along.

I'm also debating putting together the art for some posters of the characters. I've got so many already that I'm not sure which ones people would want. Gah - I never thought I'd be in this position back when I began making the 3D characters.... On the other hand, time taken out to work on poster art keeps me from working on 'the next' novel after #6.

Okay, done with rambling.

'Til next time.

--Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment