Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm on Fire

Perhaps not literal fire, but I'm making real progress on a few different things.  I've the toons Rampart and Muckman up on the website in all their graphical glory.  Muckman's not overly special (as far as the costume goes), but I wanted people to see what I generally envisioned for him.  I really like how Rampart's costume turned out.

I'm still waiting on my editors for H.E.R.O. - Dark Research.  I'm hoping that doesn't mean the novel's chock full of typos and grammatical mistakes - although I'm fairly certain they are both simply quite busy.  I'll have it out as soon as they get the results back to me (and make the changes).

That hasn't stopped me from forging ahead on the fifth novel in the series.  It'll be called H.E.R.O. - Horde, and is already nearly 50,000 words in already.  Considering a full novel is about 100,000 words, I'm nearly halfway done, depending on how the story turns out.  Some of the heroes you've barely seen in the other novels get some more face time in this novel.  Some of the notable mutants who aren't simply interested in anarchy begin to appear in the series as well (Lady Nocturne and Lady Celeste, for example).  I'm strongly tempted to do up the graphics on those two.  I'm not certain I have the graphics assets to make Lady Nocturne with her odd mutant parts, but Lady Celeste wouldn't be hard to make, methinks.

On a side note of interest, I hit 300 lbs. on my bench and decline presses recently.  I don't often speak of my weight lifting - I'm a somewhat overweight guy who hits his home gym five times a week and weight lifts hard, mixing in time on the elliptical between every weight lifting set (I like to keep my heart rate as close to or above 150 beats per minute as I can during a workout).  My weakness is food - I love bad food, and someone forgot to install the switch in me that says 'you are now full' that most others seem to have.  I'm not crying about it, however, but simply bringing up a core reason why I hit the gym hard five days a week.

'Til next time....

--Kev

No comments:

Post a Comment